29.6.04

Cheap Flights In Europe

One of the cola and peanut airlines over here, called Ryan Air from Ireland, have an online booking web site which allows you to pick your flights by date and time and them book them instantly. I have been choosing mid-week take off dates and mid-week returns during the early and late hours of the prospective dates. So far I have found return flights from Frankfurt to Milan in Italy for €2.75 there and €3.50 back which is €6.25 or about AUD$10 return. Way cool! I know they don’t offer a lot of them but if you play around with dates and times far enough in advance they are available. I also got Dublin return for about AUD$14.50. I must say I was pleasantly surprised with my findings as it makes so many places around Europe so accessible. Yeeeehah! I used Ryan air flying back from the U.K. last year and given that most flights are no longer than 2 or 3 hours the no frills approach is not a problem. I for one am quite happy to pack a sambo and a tinnie in my kit bag at those prices.

No comments: